Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Exams – can they be Thrilling???




I am just done with my 2nd semester exams of MS Work Integrated Programme. I have about 2.5 years of corporate experience. After the exams, this is really a leisure time for me now. I have a gap of about two months from the next semester. It's seriously a time to chill and do all the pending tasks, and I truly have a full list of those. 
:P


I have stayed busy for the semester (by busy I don't mean that I used to see books everywhere, rather it was completely opposite.!). There was a constant pressure on the mind regarding exams. Surprisingly, because of this pressure I fully enjoyed my semester.


There was a passionate thinking that started two months before the exams and said that this is the only time...Enjoy as much as you can..You will have to study non-stop for exams. Whats fascinating is that this feeling never ended. 
:D


I truly lived each moment thinking of exams as the "Devil". I considered each moment precious. Now the interesting part of the story is, after celebrating the time before exams while thinking of exams as the devil, what happened during exams!


For the mid sem exams, I was confident that study of one week is sufficient to pass the exams. So, I dint study anything before that. One week before the exams, I got two options, either to appear for exams in Delhi or give makeups after one month in Jaipur.


I was so much involved in the celebration of pre-exams that Jaipur seemed like an opportunity to trip. I planned everything. I planned that I will study much before exams and in Jaipur, I will have full fun visiting the BITS university, famous places in Jaipur. I was very much excited :)


Next came Hallticket link for makeups.


I was completely trashed by knowing that makeup exams will be held in Delhi too. All that excitement and planning felt like ruined. One more bomb that blasted was after one weekend I had regular final sem exams. One more news in between was that I had to attend the marriage of one of my very good friends on that weekend. 


Anyhow, I gave the makeups of mid exams. Then, on next weekend celebrated the marriage occasion whole heartily.


As I was not at all prepared for the regular final sem exams held on the coming weekend, I thought of skipping them again. Then again, makeups of regular final sem exams were scheduled just after one weekend. 


And to make it all somewhat more spicy, my family planned a trip to Amritsar on that weekend. Having given priority to family and Amritsar more than study, I went to see Sri Darbar Sahib Gurudwara. That was a good time.


The only cool thing in between here was final sem exams were open book. By now, I had not studied anything, and decided not to study either :-o I dint even take a single leave from office to prepare for exams. By any means, I attempted all the makeups of final sem. Really don't know how they went as I was not aware, of how they should have gone.
..lolz :D


Now, after the sem has ended, I dont have any pressure on mind, I am missing that thrill to enjoy as much thinking that some devil is waiting ahead.


I believe this was the feeling after having worked for 1.5 years that was constantly missing, life had become boring. There was just home, then office, then again, home...Now I do realize that the devil of exams is important in my life to keep me moving happily.


This was really a happening semester for me!!!


If you relate to my thought, please share yours.



19 comments:

  1. Nice...completely agree with devil of exams...it do keeps every student moving...as without them..life becomes dull :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to know how ur post got over.. I was hoping to read some more details about how it feels in the exam hall too.. especially folks turning the pages and carrying all the loads of books, printouts !!! ha ha ha.... In the open book exams , books remain open from start to end :)

    The climax was jaipur to delhi location and on top of that friends wedding which will happen once whereas exams keep coming :P

    Very funny and beautifully put forth the real feeling.

    I too enjoyed the feeling i got at sharp 5:00pm on sunday. I felt good that time doesn't wait for anyone for the first time , else we students would have made it wait indefinitely giving climax excuses :)ha ha

    Last but not the least , the baby photo represents exactly how it feels at the end !! 2nd SEM has been really memorable for all the group members .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks for your views. would also like to thank u for your messages on forum. they really helped for last moment preparation :)

      Delete
  3. ha ha good one! :) I took almost 10 days of leave for mid term n main exams.. hardly studied for 2 days.. finally wrote, copying something from book :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charanjeet, exactly same feeling.. :) I'm sure many of us would have faced similar situations.. Even I have taken makeups for both MidSem and the final exams. Only the incidents which occured on the weekends were different, been on an unavoidable trip with my college friends etc.

    Anyways, it was nice hearing exactly similar experience which I had with my 1st Sem exams.. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya it was very nice experience..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah...and hoping that exam results dont give a shock too :P

      Delete
  6. I share your feeling about examination... it creates a sense of tension .... nevertheless making us study
    Enjoy the very moment it gets over, but no examination at all is all the more bore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very true... Exams are indeed imp for a happening life :)

      Delete
  7. impressed......nicely portrayed......well i suppose u must be having something more spicy about results.....
    after reading the entire post...i somewhere realized,Saari problems ek saath aati hai......i still remember,during our college days, i use to thank the administration for allowing us to give an exam four times, kabhi to nikalega....but then after seeing the time table for the next sem....the 1st thing that comes to mind was "abe pichli baar hi nikal liya hota to is baar wat nahi lagti"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe...yeah waiting for the thrilling results too ;)
      vaise thinking of college days, I realize that wat lagne wale moments hi mast the :D

      Delete
  8. Ha Ha.. An ideal scene for movie makers. Our minds were so busy in thinking of exam schedule and arranging our personal life priorities..

    ReplyDelete